Office Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy– Energy.gov Blog
Short Link- https://www.ecosystems4today.com/?p=2423
- Tue, 30 Jun 2020 17:14:00 +0000: The Road to Resilience with Rooftop Solar - EERE Blog
What happens to the electricity in your home during a power outage when you have rooftop solar panels installed?
- Fri, 26 Jun 2020 14:00:00 +0000: Beyond Efficiency: The Benefits of High-Impact Buildings Technologies in the Public Sector - EERE Blog
EERE recently launched new initiatives focused on technology field validation, the testing of near-commercial-ready technologies.
- Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:03:00 +0000: Could Hydrogen Help Save Nuclear? - EERE Blog
One opportunity is to utilize nuclear’s thermal heat and electricity to produce hydrogen.
- Tue, 09 Jun 2020 17:19:00 +0000: World Oceans Day: Celebrating the Role and Promise Oceans Have in Our Everyday Lives - EERE Blog
World Oceans Day is a global effort to celebrate the ocean's resources, while reminding us to protect it for future generations.
- Mon, 08 Jun 2020 21:08:00 +0000: Clean Blue Oceans and a Green and Growing Economy - EERE Blog
DOE celebrates National Ocean Month
- Wed, 03 Jun 2020 14:46:00 +0000: Wheels Keep Turning on Innovations for More Efficient and Clean Vehicles - EERE Blog
Initiative Moves Beyond Car Research to Concentrate More Closely on Co-Optimization of Fuels and Engines in Trucks.
- Tue, 19 May 2020 14:45:00 +0000: Battery500: Progress Update - EERE Blog
Battery500: Progress Update
- Thu, 23 Apr 2020 17:29:00 +0000: Celebrating Earth Day at WPTO: R&D to Protect Our River and Marine Environments - EERE Blog
This Earth Day, we highlight WPTO successes supporting R&D and testing of marine energy, hydropower, and pumped storage systems for a flexible grid.
- Wed, 22 Apr 2020 13:30:00 +0000: All the Benefits, None of the Waste - EERE Blog
Through a DOE initiative, top researchers are pursuing a continuous lifecycle for plastics that will help put an end to plastic waste one day.
- Mon, 20 Apr 2020 15:38:00 +0000: Energy Department Manufacturing Traineeship Develops and Scales Protective Equipment Production for Local Medical Community - EERE Blog
America is working together to support the healthcare professionals on the front lines of the coronavirus response.
- Tue, 07 Apr 2020 16:28:00 +0000: Helping Drive Domestic Manufacturing - EERE Blog
A top priority for EERE is supporting game-changing manufacturing innovations across multiple sectors, including American solar panel manufacturing.
- Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:26:00 +0000: Grid-interactive and Efficient Buildings are Emerging as Dynamic Solutions to Many Energy Challenges - EERE Blog
Grid-interactive and Efficient Buildings are Emerging as Dynamic Solutions to Many Energy Challenges
- Thu, 19 Mar 2020 15:40:00 +0000: Women’s History Month 2020: Women Scientists Shaping Energy - EERE Blog
EERE celebrates Women's History Month
- Fri, 13 Mar 2020 13:27:00 +0000: Top Reasons to ♥ Solar Energy - EERE Blog
The second Friday in March is Solar Appreciation Day! We’re taking advantage of this opportunity to share the major benefits of sun power.
- Wed, 19 Feb 2020 19:58:00 +0000: Prizes Powered by the Ocean - EERE Blog
Last fall I participated in the White House Summit on Ocean Science and Technology, where leaders discussed advancing ocean energy technologies.
- Tue, 18 Feb 2020 17:38:00 +0000: Black History Month 2020 Celebrating Leadership Diversity - EERE Blog
For Black History Month 2020, EERE is focusing on diversity in senior leaders by honoring African Americans across our technical offices and labs.
- Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:11:00 +0000: 5 Key Takeaways from the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy FY2021 Budget Request - EERE Blog
DOE recently released its Fiscal Year 2021 Congressional Budget request of $35.4 billion.
- Thu, 19 Dec 2019 20:15:00 +0000: Addressing Wind Energy Innovation Challenges - EERE Blog
Addressing Wind Energy Innovation Challenges
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 19:31:00 +0000: American-Made Network: Launching Innovations - EERE Blog
One of the ways the Energy Department is driving innovation in the solar technologies is through prizes such as the American-Made Challenges.
- Mon, 18 Nov 2019 14:24:00 +0000: 2019 Federal Energy and Water Management Awards - EERE Blog
2019 Federal Energy and Water Management Award winners will help federal agencies achieve their missions.
National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition: Unified Solar Wins at MIT Clean Energy Prize
Office Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy-National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition: REEcycle Wins at Caltech Flow
University of Houston student team REEcycle won the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition regional prize at the California Institute of Technology’s First Look West Competition (Caltech FLoW) on May 7. After competing against its peers, REEcycle took home $100,000 and advances to the national competition.
As part of Caltech FLoW, 15 commercial-ready teams showcased high-impact clean energy technologies such as energy-efficient wastewater treatments, redox flow batteries, polymer additives for the coatings market, and novel window technologies. Teams pitched business plans for their technologies in front of a distinguished panel of judges from the finance and energy industries.
REEcycle emerged as the first place winner for their technology that reclaims rare earth elements from magnets in electronics, creating a sustainable supply of critical components. Rare earth elements are critical to manufacturing clean energy technologies, including wind turbines, energy-efficient lights, thin-film solar cells, and motors and batteries for electric vehicles. The company acquires used electronics from recyclers and extracts REEs using its patented solvent combined with low temperatures. REEcycle claims that its process is much less hazardous and significantly less expensive than current reclamation methods.
After winning at Caltech FLoW, REEcycle is invited to compete at the third annual DOE National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition in Washington, D.C. on June 11 and 12.
The DOE National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition promotes entrepreneurship in clean energy technologies that boost American competitiveness, bring cutting-edge clean energy solutions to the market, and strengthen our economic prosperity. Previous competitors have gone on to launch 57 start-ups, create 120 jobs, and raise more than $26 million
Office Energy Efficiency