Gov Energy News-Wind Program
Gov Energy News- With almost 80% of the U.S. electricity demand coming from cities and towns located in coastal states, offshore wind energy has vast potential to meet this demand and provide the nation with clean, renewable, and reliable electricity. The Energy Department today announced the selection of three projects that aim to advance the offshore wind industry with innovations which lower the cost of energy and address market barriers associated with deploying offshore wind technologies. Some of the technological innovations to be deployed by these projects led by Dominion Virginia Power, Fishermen’s Energy of New Jersey, and Principle Power of Washington are highlighted below:
Gov Energy News-
- Fri, 22 May 2020 13:56:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces Postponement of Solar Decathlon 2020 Summer Events - EERE News Releases
U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon® postponed its 2020 Solar Decathlon Build Challenge from June 2020 to April 16-18, 2021.
- Thu, 21 May 2020 15:47:00 +0000: EERE Announces $21.3 Million for Phase I Small Business Innovation Projects - EERE News Releases
Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy announced selection of 106 new projects across 26 states, totaling nearly $21.3 million in funding.
- Wed, 20 May 2020 17:43:00 +0000: Department of Energy Selects the University of Texas – San Antonio to Lead Cybersecurity Manufacturing Innovation Institute - EERE News Releases
The U.S. Department of Energy announced the selection of the University of Texas – San Antonio to lead the CyManII.
- Wed, 20 May 2020 14:54:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces $67 Million to Enhance Manufacturing Competitiveness Through Innovation - EERE News Releases
Department of Energy announces $67 million in funding to stimulate technology innovation and energy productivity in American manufacturing.
- Mon, 18 May 2020 16:40:00 +0000: U.S. Department of Energy Issues Request for Information for Water Security Grand Challenge Thermoelectric Cooling Prize - EERE News Releases
DOE seeks public comment on the design of a prize competition aimed at lowering water use in thermoelectric power plants.
- Thu, 14 May 2020 19:07:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces $30 Million for Innovation in Critical Materials Processing Technologies - EERE News Releases
DOE announced up to $30 million in funding for research and development for critical materials.
- Wed, 13 May 2020 18:45:00 +0000: Energy Department Smart Manufacturing Institute Announces New Project Calls - EERE News Releases
DOE’s Clean Energy Smart Manufacturing Innovation Institute (CESMII) announced up to $7 million in new funding.
- Tue, 05 May 2020 14:24:00 +0000: Energy Department Announces New Round of Funding for High Performance Computing for Manufacturing - EERE News Releases
DOE announced up to $3 million in funding to spur the use of U.S. National Laboratory supercomputing resources to strengthen domestic manufacturing.
- Wed, 29 Apr 2020 17:20:00 +0000: Energy Department Opens Geothermal Manufacturing Prize - EERE News Releases
Today, the U.S. Department of Energy announced the opening of the American-Made Geothermal Manufacturing Prize (Geothermal Prize).
- Tue, 28 Apr 2020 15:13:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces Winners of Collegiate Solar Competition - EERE News Releases
DOE announces winners of the Solar District Cup, where collegiate teams design innovative, cost-effective distributed energy systems for a district.